Saturday, August 8, 2020, 10am - 4pm, $225
Please review my new rules to keep us all safe
It's tough to start a great painting from a blank panel, so why not give yourself a head start? In this class you'll have the opportunity to try several intuitive painting techniques including layering gesso and paint for a rustic, weathered look as well as flinging your favorite inks and paints to get a spontaneous start! You can also use some types of gesso to add texture and create patterns on your panel before waxing.
I often sketch into my wet gesso to get an idea of what I want my imagery to look like in the final work, or use traditional paints and inks with the gesso before I start adding wax. Not every type of paint is appropriate, but I'll introduce several for you to try. No experience is necessary and all supplies will be provided including 2 wood panels, but you are welcome to bring additional panels up to 14" on the longest side to work on.
Please note: You will not paint with hot wax in this class because the gesso will need to dry first, but your panels will be ready for you to work on at home or during your next class. Most students will leave class with at lest 2 panels prepared with gesso and the skills to use these techniques on your own.
TO REGISTER: Email me to discuss class availablility and to arrange payment
If you have trouble registering online please contact me at (503) 348-9139. Classes must be paid for in full prior to the class to confirm your spot unless otherwise arranged. When your payment is received you will be emailed a confirmation notice, additional information about the classes and a map to my studio in NE Portland.
Here are some of the new requirements we'll need to follow to keep everyone safe:
* Classes in will be held outside in my carport as weather premits for the best ventilation as suggested by the CDC. Iíll appreciate your patience and flexibility as I create fun and informative classes for you in this new environment.
* To allow for distancing, I'm cutting the maximum number of students in each class to 3 (or sometimes 4 depending on the class), with everyone at their own table.
* With so few spots open Iím processing payments individually once I confirm that the class has enough people to run. Iím requesting payment by cash or Venmo whenever possible. Let me know if you need my Venmo info or to discuss another option.
* Everyone will need to bring your own face covering and wear it during class.
* I'll have gloves and face shields available for everyone who would like to use them.
* I will provide disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer as needed.
* The kitchen will be closed but I can still make coffee and tea. And of course the restroom will be stocked with products for sanitizing after use.
* My studio dog Jack will join us whenever possible and heartily approves of the move to an outdoor space for summer!
I also have a few private classes booked so if you're interested in something like that please let me know and I'll get you the details.
Cancellation and Liability Policies
If the workshop is canceled by the instructor, you will receive a full refund. If another instructor must be substituted for Linda Robertson due to illness or emergency you will have the option to attend the class with the substitute instructor or cancel/reschedule without penalty.
- Cancellation at least 14 days before the class date = full refund or may change to another class without penalty.
- Cancellation 14 days or less before the class date = full refund minus a $30 cancellation fee only if the space is filled by another paying student.
- No show = no refund.
- By registering for this class you agree to assume all responsibility for non-refundable expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging. Travel insurance is encouraged.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify
and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.
Raw panel with texture and color,
no wax at all yet!
Here it is finished with wax and collage