Saturday from 1 - 4 pm AND
Sunday from 10 am - 4 pm
Please review my new rules to keep us all safe
In this one and a half day class I'll show you how I combine encaustic paint with many other materials including watercolor, wax crayons, pigment sticks and more to create luminous landscapes.
Saturday will be dedicated to creating under paintings on our panels before we start waxing. We'll use watercolor in this class, but I'll discuss other materials and methods for you to experiment with at home. On Sunday we'll continue the process by adding other media, especially encaustic paint and medium.
Students will be asked to bring a couple of reference photos for inspiration, just to give you a starting point. Realism isn't our goal, it's more to convey a sense of place.
We'll use whatever media we need to create your vision, and working in small groups in my studio makes that possible. We might need pastels, graphite, artist crayons or pigment sticks to achieve a certain look, so we'll discuss whatever methods and media that make sense for your painting.
This intermediate class is for those already comfortable working with wax. If you need to learn the basics first, please join us in my Encaustic & Collage or Intro to Encaustic Painting class.
All supplies will be provided and most students leave class with at least 2 finished projects. Confirmation, directions to my studio and additional information will be emailed to each student upon registration. Space is limited to 4 students so classes fill quickly.
TO REGISTER: Email me to discuss class availablility and to arrange payment
If you have trouble registering online please contact me at (503) 348-9139. Classes must be paid for in full prior to the class to confirm your spot unless otherwise arranged. When your payment is received you will be emailed a confirmation notice, additional information about the classes and a map to my studio in NE Portland.
Here are some of the new requirements we'll need to follow to keep everyone safe:
* Classes in will be held outside in my carport as weather premits for the best ventilation as suggested by the CDC. Iíll appreciate your patience and flexibility as I create fun and informative classes for you in this new environment.
* To allow for distancing, I'm cutting the maximum number of students in each class to 3 (or sometimes 4 depending on the class), with everyone at their own table.
* With so few spots open Iím processing payments individually once I confirm that the class has enough people to run. Iím requesting payment by cash or Venmo whenever possible. Let me know if you need my Venmo info or to discuss another option.
* Everyone will need to bring your own face covering and wear it during class.
* I'll have gloves and face shields available for everyone who would like to use them.
* I will provide disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer as needed.
* The kitchen will be closed but I can still make coffee and tea. And of course the restroom will be stocked with products for sanitizing after use.
* My studio dog Jack will join us whenever possible and heartily approves of the move to an outdoor space for summer!
I also have a few private classes booked so if you're interested in something like that please let me know and I'll get you the details.
Cancellation and Liability Policies
If the workshop is canceled by the instructor, you will receive a full refund. If another instructor must be substituted for Linda Robertson due to illness or emergency you will have the option to attend the class with the substitute instructor or cancel/reschedule without penalty.
- Cancellation 14 days before the class date = full refund or may change to another class.
- Cancellation less than 14 days before the class date = full refund minus a $25 cancellation fee ONLY if the space is filled by another paying student.
- No show = no refund.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.
Not sure what to expect? View blog entries to see photos from my classes. My private studio is located in NE Portland, Oregon. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.